Structural metalwork & CE marking with EN 1090-1
To CE mark structural metalwork, a company needs a Factory Production Control system that conforms to EN 1090-1 that takes into account other standards such as the welding quality management system ISO 3834 and that has been externally assessed by a competent third party known as a Notified Body.
EN 1090-1 is a quality management system for structural metalwork that is used to manage a job from development of a design brief with a customer, through to final approval for shipping, so that the metalwork meets the customer’s expectations and is structurally sound.
How Construction Certification works with clients on CE marking of structural metalwork
- Project manage the development of the Factory Production Control system
- Gap analysis against EN 1090-1, ISO 3834 and related standards to identify ways in which the client already conforms to the standards any further actions that are needed.
- Review existing business systems and develop any additional documents and procedures needed to conform to EN 1090-1
- Coordinate the qualification and training of welder/fabricators and the Responsible Welding Coordinator.
- Advise on Notified Bodies that are a good fit with the size and scope of the client
- Monitor and chase progress to keep the project on track
- Provide coaching for the team to prepare them for the certification process
- Support the client through the certification process, to ensure a successful outcome